This past March, we needed to restrict access to our lobbies in order to limit the spread of the COVID-19 virus. Together, as a community, our sacrifices have helped slow the spread of this devastating virus.
We are excited to announce that our Saugerties and Highland branch lobbies will be opening soon with limited hours. The Marlboro branch will remain open for drive thru service only.
The safety of our customers and employees is always our primary concern. So we ask that customers experiencing any COVID symptoms, have had any recent exposure with a COVID positive person, or who have a fever to not enter our lobbies. Also, customers are strongly encouraged to continue using our drive thru and electronic banking alternatives, whenever possible, to conduct routine transactions. There is new signage to direct customers to our fast track banking and drive thru locations.
To better protect everyone, we have made some changes upon entering our lobbies. Some of the key changes include:
- A greeter at the lobby door will ask customers questions to ensure it is safe to enter the branch.
- Customers (as well as bank employees) will be required to wear masks.
- For security purposes, customers will be asked to temporarily lower their masks as they approach the lobby door for security photos.
- During peak time periods, the greeter may need to limit the number of customers in the lobby. Please practice social distancing while waiting to enter the lobby.
- Hand sanitizing stations are at the lobby entrances and we recommend using them upon entry and exit.
- While in the lobby, customers should follow our social distancing decals on the floor.
- We have installed plexiglass shields between employees and customers for all face-to-face interactions.
We are closely monitoring the safety guidelines from the CDC, as well as state and local officials. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we modify our practices to protect our customers, our employees and our communities. Life is challenging, but Sawyer Savings stands with you.
As always, thank you for being a Sawyer Savings Bank customer and for trusting in us.
Douglas P. Sturges