Our team continues to monitor how the COVID-19 virus is affecting our customers and the communities we serve.
Sawyer Saving Bank is committed to keeping you updated about the steps we are taking in response to the situation concerning the coronavirus. We have been following the guidelines of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), as well as those of state and local health departments. We’ve stepped up our cleaning protocols in all of our locations and are disinfecting surfaces on a daily basis.
January 6, 2020
In an effort to keep our customers and employees safe during this time of rising COVID cases, effective Thursday, January 6th, 2022 our Saugerties, Marlboro and Highland branch lobbies will be CLOSED temporarily. Our Drive-Up windows ARE OPEN.
Please see our Lobby and Drive Up hours HERE.
When you do enter our lobbies:
The safety of our customers and employees is always our primary concern. So we ask that customers experiencing any COVID symptoms, have had any recent exposure with a COVID positive person, or who have a fever to not enter our lobbies. Also, customers are strongly encouraged to continue using our drive thru and electronic banking alternatives, whenever possible, to conduct routine transactions. There is new signage to direct customers to our fast track banking and drive thru locations.
To better protect everyone, we have made some changes upon entering our lobbies. Some of the key changes include:
- Customers (as well as bank employees) will be required to wear masks.
- For security purposes, customers will be asked to temporarily lower their masks as they approach the lobby door for security photos.
- During peak time periods, we may need to limit the number of customers in the lobby. Please practice social distancing while waiting to enter the lobby.
- Hand sanitizing stations are at the lobby entrances and we recommend using them upon entry and exit.
- While in the lobby, customers should follow our social distancing decals on the floor.
- We have installed plexiglass shields between employees and customers for all face-to-face interactions
Our Lending Building, located at 85 Market Street in Saugerties, will be by appointment until further notice. Customers are welcome to bring loan payments to branch offices via the drive- up, although electronic payments, or using mail or night drop services are encouraged. If you require in person service, please call us at 888.772.1871 for an appointment.
Looking for alternative ways to do your banking, we’ve got you covered:
- Online Banking and Mobile App. Access your account information and complete many transactions anytime, anywhere.
- Our network of 55,000 surcharge free ATMs. Access your account through the Allpoint surcharge free ATM network.
- Telephone Banking, 888.772.1871 Transfer funds, review check account balances, and get rates.
- Drive-Up tellers. We will operate using drive-up services only in our Saugerties, Marlboro and Highland Branches.
- We will set up appointments for services which require someone to visit our lobby, such as access to your safe deposit box. If you need in-person service contact us at 888.772.1871 to make an appointment. We will limit entry to one customer at a time.
We are supporting our customers during times of uncertainty
We encourage any of our customers that may be experiencing a financial hardship to contact us. We are here to help. Please call us at 888.772.1871
Beware of coronavirus scams
Now, more than ever, you need to protect yourself against scams. You can learn more about coronavirus scams and how to prevent them by visiting the Federal Trade Commissions’ website.
Sawyer Savings Bank will continue to be diligent in monitoring this event each day. Please continue to bank with confidence knowing that we are here to protect your interests, to serve your needs and to support our communities. Check back regularly for the latest updates